Tuesday, October 03, 2006

And the goodness keeps rolling in: another perk in the life of the working girl

So - after listing all the apparent perks to my job yesterday, I walked into the office today pretty content. Only to find out there was more in store for me. Apparently, today was Staff Appreciation Day in the world of the International Student and Scholars Services office (ISSS - one of two parts of my office). And I was invited along. So approximately at 10:30 this morning I found myself on one of those portable massage chairs where you lean forward getting a massage. Nice. Work just keeps getting better and better.

5 comments:

Maria said...

nice new layout. I wish my job had more perks like that.

Keith said...

ISSSSS, like a snake is apt to say, in casual conversation 'well, you know I'd like to sssay more words with the curvey letter, but you know quite well that I sss' get it, knew you would. Glad it's a job you like, sounds like something I wouldn't mind either...free learning...sign me up!

Keith said...

Also since it's easy to read the most recent blog's comments, I ride the bus to work for free also, but everyone talks to me...but in German...and I have to say, I'm a quiet person, but when I get back to the states i'll be more prone to talk to random people because it's alot easier to talk in english...

Melody said...

That job sounds superb! I'm happy to hear that you're not stifled in an office job AND that you get to take free classes! What are you gonna take? I'd take horseback lessons (to overcome my fear of the terrible equine) and Japanese. Maybe some English lit classes too. On the other hand, I've had it up to here with academia & am more than ready to make my exit. Love ya.

Keith said...

Wieter sprechen!