Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jog

I said that recently and one of my roommates said he had never heard anyone actually say that. And now I can't remember what nursery rhyme I got it from...

Anyways, my trip home was so good - Alaska does the heart good. My cousin, Kristian, and my new cousin, Kiana's wedding was beautiful - fun and meaningful and just so good. Here is a picture I love from their ceremony with the hippy priest invoking the Trinity:

(well, shoot, I can't get it uploaded- MAN.- I'll try later.)

And I have some great pictures of Fairbanks (which is near the Artic Circle) at 2 in the morning in June - but my brother still needs to send them to me - as soon as he does, I'll post them (you non-Alaskans will be amazed).

The whole week was filled with spending the night at various family member's houses and having coffee with good friends and everything. It climaxed in a great late-birthday party for my mom where we sat out on the back porch and ate delicious ribs and drank wine that I brought back from Hungary two years ago and soaked up the Alaskan sun that had FINALLY come out after nearly a week of partly cloudiness.

I am bad at taking pictures (I didn't even bother to bring my camera home with me, knowing that I would essentially just be wasting luggage space) but Alaska is beautiful and I'll put my plug in once and for all: if you ever get the chance to visit, take it.


Now I'm back in Kentucky and back in the swing of summer school. And I'm looking forward to moving to Denver, Colorado with my roommates Andrea and Emily and my friend from college, Laura. BUT there is a lot I'm going to miss about ol' Louisville. I have come in contact with such love from people here (you know who you are!) and it makes my heart ache to leave.

Well, I'm done. I actually posted. I hope you are all doing well.

Oh - and here are the two pictures I actually did take while home of 11:30 pm out our front door in Anchorage - boy, I miss those long days:

No comments: